No FA action for Kyle Walker
Kyle Walker has assured England coach Roy Hodgson he intends to stay clear of nitrous oxide in the future.
- Related Content
2. Kyle Walker
Pictures of the Tottenham defender inhaling the gas were published over the weekend.
Although not illegal, there are health risks associated with the substance, which it appears Walker was not aware of at the time.
These have now been pointed out to the 23-year-old, who has assured Hodgson it will not happen again.
"Kyle Walker has expressed his regret for an error of judgement when inhaling Nitrous Oxide earlier this year," said an FA statement.
"The FA and England manager have spoken to Kyle about the matter and he has assured us it will not happen again.
"Inhaling Nitrous Oxide is not illegal, but we recognise the associated dangers.
"Kyle has accepted this mistake. He will not face any action under the England Player Code of Conduct."
Walker stated on his Twitter page: "Now I know the health risks, it was poor judgement on my part.
"I won't be doing this again and hope that no one else is influenced into putting their health at risk by my actions."
Walker was named as the PFA's Young Player of the Year in 2012 and has won seven caps for England since making his debut against Spain in 2011.
He won his seventh cap in Friday's 4-0 win over Moldova and with Glen Johnson and Phil Jones both ruled out through injury, will will start Tuesday's game when England need to avoid defeat to keep control of their World Cup fate.
England manager Roy Hodgson spoke about Walker when giving his pre-match media conference on Monday afternoon and said he was satisfied the player had dealt with the issue.
"I am happy, he has made his apologies and admitted a mistake. It was a long time ago, he'd forgotten it. It would have been much worse had it happened this weekend."
PFA deputy chief executive Bobby Barnes told BBC Radio 5Live:"It's important to bear in mind that Kyle is a young lad.
"Growing up in the public eye, not only will you see successes but you'll also see the mistakes that he's made.
"He is obviously very contrite about this.
"He's made a full apology and more importantly he's made it clear that he's aware of the dangers and he'll transmit that to other youngsters out there.
"The important thing to remember is that he hasn't committed a crime and it's not on the banned list.
"Having said that, it's something that's certainly not desirable for a footballer or a youngster to be doing."