Sagbo closer to Hull move

  • Last Updated: July 23 2013, 7:10 BST

Evian striker Yannick Sagbo has moved a step closer to joining Hull after his club gave him permission to travel to England.

Yannick Sagbo: Could be set for Hull move
Yannick Sagbo: Could be set for Hull move

Hull manager Steve Bruce has already confirmed talks have taken place about signing Sagbo, with the newly-promoted Premier League club reported to have bid £1.6million for the 25-year-old former Monaco forward.

Although Evian did not name Hull in a short statement, or confirm a fee had been agreed, they said Sagbo had been given the go-ahead to hold talks with a club in England.

Evian announced on their website: "Evian Thonon Gaillard FC have authorised Yannick Sagbo to go to England to visit the facilities and meet the leaders of a club, in the case of an eventual transfer."

Regarding French-born Ivorian Sagbo, Bruce yesterday told the Hull Daily Mail: "We're in conversations.

"My chief executive is speaking with Evian and we're hopeful that we can get something done because he would be a good addition.

"He's a little bit different to what we've got. He's quick, he's direct and he wants to run in behind.

"It's hard talking about a player who belongs to another club but there has been dialogue and we'll see where it takes us. We'll be patient and see what develops."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet