Sevilla: No City offer for Negredo

  • Last Updated: July 8 2013, 16:23 BST

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido insists they have still not received any offer from Manchester City for star striker Alvaro Negredo.

Alvaro Negredo: No offer yet from Manchester City
Alvaro Negredo: No offer yet from Manchester City

Negredo has indicated he would like to leave Sevilla this summer and has been closely linked with a number of clubs, including Barclays Premier League outfit City, whose new coach Manuel Pellegrini will know all about the Spain striker from his time in the Primera Division.

However, Del Nido said last week that City had not made a bid for the 27-year-old and he confirmed today there was nothing new to report with regards the prolific striker's future.

Speaking at the presentation of new Sevilla signing Nico Pareja, Del Nido said: "There hasn't been any change with respect to Negredo's situation.

"There hasn't been any communication between the English club and Spanish club, and Negredo is training with his team-mates and has three more years on his contract.

"There hasn't been any offer from Manchester City."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet