Appleton: No fresh Ince bid
Blackpool manager Michael Appleton insists there has been no fresh approach from Liverpool for Tom Ince amid reports the winger is close to rejoining his former club.
- Related Content
16. Tom Ince
Ince initially left Liverpool for Blackpool 18 months ago and the England Under 21 international has shone at Bloomfield Road, scoring 13 goals in the Championship this season.
Liverpool held talks about re-signing the 20-year-old last month, but Appleton said at that time the offer was below Blackpool's valuation.
Speculation has since claimed that Ince's appearance in the New Year's Day draw against Hull City could be his last for the Seasiders, but Appleton says that is not currently the case.
"We have not heard anything since an initial Liverpool approach a couple of weeks ago," said Appleton following claims Ince is on his way back to Anfield for £6million.
"As far as I am aware Thomas will have a day off tomorrow (Wednesday) like everyone else and come back to prepare for the next game with us."
Meanwhile, following the 0-0 stalemate with Hull, Appleton confirmed he is hoping to bring in new signings during the January transfer window.
He added: "I would like to think that we will get three or four new faces in over the next few weeks. But the best signing I could get right now would be a new pitch."