Laudrup: Ki deal should go through

  • Last Updated: August 23 2012, 16:53 BST

Swansea manager Michael Laudrup expects the club-record signing of Ki Sung-yeung from Celtic to go through on Friday.

Ki Sung-yeung: Set for Swansea move

The Swans have agreed a fee of around £6million with the Scottish champions for the South Korea international, who helped his country secure a bronze medal at the Olympics.

The 23-year-old is due to have his medical on Friday and finalise personal terms on his switch to south Wales.

Ki's agent admitted the player had been impressed by Swansea's opening-day 5-0 trouncing of QPR last weekend, and Laudrup is looking forward to bringing in his seventh summer signing and strengthening his midfield following Joe Allen's departure to Liverpool.

He said: "The contract is not signed yet. I would like to wait before everything is signed and sealed but the deal should go through, he is an important player for us to have in the midfield.

"We have lost Joe Allen so it is important for the strength of the squad to have a player like that, if we sign him then we'll all be happy.

"He's a very dynamic player and, like the players we have signed and those we will sign, he can fit into our style.

"He has already played a couple of seasons in British football, which is important.

"The players we have brought in from abroad have made a great start, but to have experience of the British style of football is important."

Laudrup also remains interested in adding Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez to his squad.

The Welsh club have had an initial bid of £4million rejected by the Primera Division outfit, but they are likely to return with an improved offer after the player voiced his interest in a move.

"We still have eight days (to complete a deal)," said Laudrup.

"It is always nice to hear players want to come here or play for a manager, but we will leave these things until after Saturday's game against West Ham because the most important players are the ones that are here, not the ones who could come or leave, that's why we must focus on the game."

Hernandez would be a potential replacement for Scott Sinclair, who has told Laudrup he will not sign a new deal at the Liberty Stadium.

Manchester City have lodged a bid of around £5million for the winger, and he was left on the bench for the win at QPR, scoring the fifth and final goal as a substitute.

But Laudrup insists the decision to name Sinclair among the substitutes was not down to his rejection of contract talks.

The Dane said: "He is here and he will be important in Saturday's game.

"What will happen in next week I don't know, we will see.

"The fact he wasn't in the starting XI was nothing to do with the interest from Man City, it was because Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer were here from the start of pre-season and know exactly what I want them to do with or without the ball. Scott had only been here for nine or 10 days.

"We will have to see what happens now, a deal might not happen until next Friday evening perhaps.

"But he is 100% committed while he is here and that's important for me as a manager."