'No Inter offer' for Lucas

  • By: Paulo Freitas
  • Last Updated: August 3 2012, 10:14 BST

Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes has denied reports they have agreed any deal with Inter Milan over the transfer of Lucas Moura.

Lucas Moura: Brazilian on Manchester United's radar

Reports in Italy on Thursday stated that a deal has been struck between the two clubs, with Lucas left to just agree personal terms with the Italian giants.

However, the Brazilian outfit have dismissed the reports, with Paulo de Jesus Lopes claiming that they have held official talks only with Manchester United.

"I'm not aware of this information," he told Lancenet. "I was with (Sao Paulo president) Juvenal Juvenicio (Wednesday and Thursday).

"We sat only to negotiate with Manchester United, but their offer was not good enough."

Lucas, 19, is one of the best young players in world football and is currently in action for Brazil at the Olympics.

He has previously said he will make a decision on his future following the Olympics after Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed United's interest last month.