Chelsea complete Oscar swoop

  • Last Updated: July 25 2012, 21:29 BST

Chelsea have completed the signing of Brazil playmaker Oscar from Internacional.

Oscar: Signs in a reported £25million deal

The 20-year-old joins the European champions in a deal reported to be worth £25million.

He is part of Brazil's squad for London 2012 and played in the 2-0 warm-up victory over Team GB last Friday.

 Oscar

11. Oscar

Title Number
Appearances 42 (13)
Goals 14
Assists 8
Yellows 5
Reds 0
*Current Season

Oscar, full name Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Junior, is a product of the Sao Paulo youth set up.

He left the capital for Internacional in December 2010 and has played at every level of international football from Under-15 to Under-20.

His Brazil debut arrived in September last year when he came on as a substitute in a 0-0 draw with Argentina, and he has scored once in six caps.

Capable of playing as an attacking midfielder or winger, he is viewed as one of his country's most exciting talents.

Meanwhile, Frank Lampard admits Chelsea face a period of adjustment to the influx of new recruits but is excited about the coming season.

Eden Hazard and Marko Marin have already joined the Champions League winners, while Oscar signed on Wednesday.

Lampard, who is on Chelsea's tour to America, believes Chelsea will benefit from the increased competition for places.

"We proved to be a great team and a great unit in the second half of last season," he told the club's official website, www.chelseafc.com.

"This year maybe we are slightly different because we have more new young players coming in.

"There might not be the settled togetherness that we had on the pitch at that side because we had been together a long time.

"But there is an excitement about our team as well and that's probably the main difference.

"Everyone is trying to impress, and you never lose that in pre-season, there's not one manager I've met yet who will close the door on any player.

"We have to perform at a high level to stay in the team because of the quality of the squad we have."

Marseille full-back Cesar Azpilicueta has confirmed he is on Chelsea's radar.

"It is flattering when you have clubs such as Chelsea interested in you, but there are other clubs interested as well," the Spaniard said.

(reopens) Chelsea have also seen bids for other signings rejected this summer, including Wigan midfielder Victor Moses.

There were widespread reports today the Blues had reopened negotiations over the 21-year-old, who is available for a £10million package.