Kean waits for QPR Hoilett bid

  • Last Updated: July 23 2012, 15:34 BST

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has warned QPR they face being dragged through a tribunal if they fail to pay a "chunky figure" for Junior Hoilett.

Junior Hoilett: Set to join Queens Park Rangers

Kean believes Rangers have reached an agreement with Hoilett to bring the 22-year-old to Loftus Road after his contract expired this summer.

Under FIFA rules, Rovers are entitled to compensation for the Canadian-born forward, who joined their academy at the age of 13.

Junior Hoilett

23. Junior Hoilett

Title Number
Appearances 6 (6)
Goals 0
Assists 0
Yellows 0
Reds 0
*Current Season

They have yet to receive an offer from QPR and Kean compared the situation to that which saw Daniel Sturridge leave Manchester City for Chelsea in 2009 and ended up costing the Londoners more than £6million.

Kean said: "We haven't heard anything from Junior. I believe he has signed for QPR but that has not been confirmed yet.

"I think he has had a medical but we haven't been told that officially from QPR - we just heard on the grapevine.

"I don't know the process now. They might make us an offer for his registration but if not it might go to a tribunal.

"We feel we have played a large part in his development. We wish him all the best but it would have been nice if we had a call.

"I don't know what the figure was for Daniel Sturridge, but I know it was a chunky figure.

"We have had Junior a long time, we have put a lot of time and effort in him and I'm sure that will be reflected in the price."

Meanwhile, Blackburn boss Steve Kean has confirmed he will not be pursuing his interest in Garra Dembele after cutting short the Freiburg striker's trial.

Freiburg confirmed last week that the Mali international was heading to Blackburn to train for a few days with a view to a permanent move.

However, he has failed to convince Kean to offer him a contract and the Blackburn boss will look elsewhere for new additions to his squad.

"We had Garra in for a few days," said Kean. "He had a couple of days training with us but that will not go any further.

"We know we have still got to strengthen a little bit and we are working very hard to do that. We are confident we will get a few more bodies in."

Dembele joined Freiburg last summer from Levski Sofia after boasting an impressive strike-rate in Bulgaria and was viewed as a long-term replacement for Papiss Cisse, who joined Newcastle in January.

However, he scored just once in 16 appearances for Freiburg and is available for transfer, despite having three years left on his contract.