Zubar wants Wolves deal

  • Last Updated: July 20 2012, 11:51 BST

Ronald Zubar says he is eager to stay at Wolves amid reports the club have rejected a bid from Besiktas for the defender.

Zubar: Linked with Besiktas

The 26-year-old, who joined the club from Marseille three years ago, is in the final year of his contract with Wolves and wants to agree a new deal with the club.

Wolves have reportedly rejected a £1.8m bid from the Turkish club but have yet to begin talks with player about a new deal.

Zubar told the Express and Star: "I'm happy at Wolves but I don't know what's going to happen - there could be players going, players coming in.

"The club knows what I want, but we haven't talked about a contract yet.

"Seven of us are in the last year of our contracts and we need to find out if we're staying, if we're getting new deals or if we have to go.

"I've only had a quick word with the manager about it, and he said we'll see what my agent says, but he agreed we need to do something about it."