Bruce plans Mannone talks

  • Last Updated: July 4 2012, 9:57 BST

Hull City manager Steve Bruce is planning to hold talks with Arsene Wenger regarding a possible deal to sign Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

Vito Mannone: Remains an option for Steve Bruce

Bruce is in the market for a new keeper and appears to have missed out on his top target Brad Guzan after saying the USA international has now decided to stay at Aston Villa.

Mannone is another option for Bruce, with the 24-year-old having previously enjoyed two loan spells at the KC Stadium, including making 23 appearances last season.

Talks are also ongoing for the Tigers to bring in keeper David Gonzalez, who is available on a free transfer after leaving Brighton & Hove Albion.

"Vito's obviously done very well here by all accounts but we'll speak with Mr Wenger when he returns from his holiday next week," Bruce told the Hull Daily Mail.

"I like the boy but we'll have to see what the situation is."

Regarding Guzan, he added: "I thought I was close a couple of days ago but unfortunately Brad decided to stay at Villa.

"That's disappointing for us because he was our No.1 choice. It's a shame but we move on to the next one. Hopefully, by the time we get back from Portugal we'll have someone in place."

Bruce has also confirmed his interest in signing striker Nick Proschwitz, who currently plays in the German second division for Paderborn.

The Tigers boss said: "We've made an enquiry about the availability of Nick. It's someone that interests us but that's as far as it's gone at the moment."