Dos Santos set to Stay at Spurs
Giovani Dos Santos' agent expects the forward to stay at Tottenham after he shunned interest from Russia and the United States.
- Related Content
The Mexico international has made just four substitute appearances in the Premier League this season and is keen to move in order to play more regular first-team football.
Villarreal had been in talks to sign the 22-year-old earlier this month, while Granada have also been linked with a move for the former Barcelona youngster.
However, Dos Santos' representative Vicente Montes says his client is not near to completing a move away from White Hart Lane before Tuesday's transfer deadline.
"Giovani Dos Santos has offers from Russia and the United States but he has told them that he is not going to play there," he told ESPN Raza Deportiva.
"Tottenham told Giovani that Major League Soccer (in America) had put in an offer for him but the player has other plans.
"As things stand it appears that Giovani Dos Santos will stay at Spurs."
Manager Harry Redknapp is ready to let Dos Santos go, but reports have suggested that the club want between £4-6million for the player, much to Montes' frustration.
"When it comes to valuing Giovani, they place him as a player with big numbers, yet they don't play him," he added.
Last summer Giovani turned down a £13million move to Udinese as he wanted to move to Spain, which is still believed to be his preferred destination.