Ross County 1 - 2 Dundee United

Match info: Scottish Premier at Global Energy Stadium

Date: 24/11/2012 KO: 15:00 Ref: I Brines Att: 3,930

Home team/scorers Scores Away team/scorers

Ross Co

Iain Vigurs 49


Dundee U

Johnny Russell 52
Stuart Armstrong 64

FT (ht: 0-0)

  • Last Updated: November 24 2012, 17:28 GMT

Dundee United came from behind to snatch the Clydesdale Bank Premier League points in an action-packed second half at Global Energy Stadium.

Richard Brittain tries to hold off Stuart Armstrong
Richard Brittain tries to hold off Stuart Armstrong

After a goalless first half Iain Vigurs gave County the lead in the 48th minute with a glancing header.

Johnny Russell equalised within four minutes after he beat County goalkeeper Michael Fraser to a long ball on the edge of the 18-yard box - and United grabbed the winner in the 65th minute when Stuart Armstrong nodded in a Jon Daly knockdown.

United made a positive start to the match and after a Barry Douglas free-kick was only partially cleared the ball fell for Russell in the box but his snapshot was blocked by County goalkeeper Michael Fraser.

County won the first corner of the match in the eighth minute. Vigurs' inswinger was met by Scott Boyd at the back post but his header went wide.

The home side continued to press and when Gavin Gunning lost possession on the edge of the 18-yard box Rocco Quinn forced a fine save from Radoslaw Cierzniak.

Seconds later Quinn had another effort on goal that drifted wide of the keeper's left hand post.

United won a free-kick in a dangerous position in the 25th minute and Fraser had to be alert to tip Douglas' attempt over the crossbar.

The visitors were seeing more of the ball but it was County who almost took the lead in the 28th minute. Vigurs picked out Stuart Kettlewell with a defence-splitting pass but his shot was cleared off the line by Brian McLean.

The chances kept coming and when Tokely played Sam Morrow in the big County forward looked sure to score but Cierzniak pulled off a fantastic point-blank save.

County continued to carve out the openings and another Quinn effort fizzed past the upright.

In the last action of the first half a slack backpass from Gunning almost let Vigurs in but Cierzniak was quick off his line to clear the danger.

After more than 350 minutes without a goal in this fixture, two goals came along in the space of four minutes.

County broke the deadlock in the 48th minute when Vigurs scored with an acrobatic header after he got on the end of a superb cross from Richard Brittain.

But it was all-square four minutes later when Russell raced on to a long ball and slid the ball past the advancing Fraser into the corner of the net from the edge of the 18-yard box.

The goals kept coming and United got their noses in front in the 65th minute when a deep cross from Gary Mackay-Steven was knocked down at the far post by Daly and Armstrong stooped to head home from close range.

County rang the changes up front with Colin McMenamin and Steve Ross coming on but it was Vigurs who came close to grabbing a goal back with a long range shot in the 77th minute.

Right at the end of this contest Skacel was denied at point blank range by Fraser, after substitute Michael Gardyne played him in.

Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week