NZC 'dismayed by McCullum leak'
New Zealand Cricket has voiced its "dismay" that Brendon McCullum's evidence to world cricket anti-corruption investigators has reached the public domain.
- Related Content
Kiwi captain McCullum's employers have made it clear too that he is in no way under suspicion of any wrongdoing and his testimony has been "applauded" by the International Cricket Council.
NZC issued a statement to Cricinfo following reports on Monday that McCullum told officers from the ICC's anti-corruption and security unit that six years ago he was offered more than £100,000 to under-perform and therefore contribute to a spot-fix in matches.
"New Zealand Cricket is dismayed that Brendon McCullum's testimony to the International Cricket Council has been leaked to the media," the statement read.
"We can confirm that Brendon is not under investigation by the ICC and his testimony has actually been applauded by them. NZC has 100 per cent confidence in our captain and his role in tackling corruption."
According to reports, McCullum reported an approach to the ICC claiming an unnamed, high-profile player first approached him during the inaugural IPL season in 2008 and then again on tour in England the same year.
NZC chief executive David White explained the protocol of responding to information which only became known to the national board late last year.
"In regards to the investigation, what we had decided to do and agreed with the ICC was we would wait until their investigation was completed," he said.
"Once they had all the information, we would decide at New Zealand Cricket whether we would take any action."
McCullum's evidence has come to light just days after it was reported his compatriot Lou Vincent was involved in an anti-corruption investigation, including his assertion that attempted spot-fixing took place in Twenty20 and 40-over domestic cricket in England.