Chisora set for possible Fury bout

  • Last Updated: May 22 2013, 19:39 BST

Dereck Chisora will headline a rearranged show at Wembley Arena in July and could be set for a domestic rematch with Tyson Fury.

Dereck Chisora: Could be set for Tyson Fury rematch
Dereck Chisora: Could be set for Tyson Fury rematch

The Londoner had been set to face Deontay Wilder on June 15 but the American is the subject of criminal allegations and is unable to travel, meaning Chisora's night has been pushed back by five weeks.

In a statement from promoter Frank Warren's company tonight, it was said offers had been made to the outspoken Fury, Fres Oquendo and Manuel Charr, the Lebanon-born puncher who had been booked in to face David Haye on June 29 until Haye withdrew.

"I just want to fight again and I'm hungry for another world title opportunity. I'm confident that I have all the tools to beat Wilder and it's a shame I can't show it this time, but sooner or later we will clash and I will knock him out," said Chisora.

"I'm concentrating on my next fight and whoever is in front of me on July 20 is going to take a beating."

Chisora lost to Fury, the undefeated but unpredictable 24-year-old, on a unanimous decision in 2011.

Fury recently made his American debut and made something of an impression on his new audience as he knocked out Steve Cunningham and then sang in the ring.

On the undercard to Chisora, two unbeaten members of Warren's stable, Frankie Gavin and Denton Vassell, will face each other.


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet