Chisora relishing ring return
British heavyweight Dereck Chisora claims his meeting with the British Boxing Board of Control which saw him issued with a new British licence was "all tea and biscuits".
- Related Content
Chisora lost his licence last March after a brawl with David Haye in Munich following a world-title fight defeat to Vitali Klitschko.
The 29-year-old lost a resulting fight with Haye at Upton Park last summer, with both competitors fighting under licence by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation.
But now Chisora has his licence back and is back in training ahead of a return to the ring in promoter Frank Warren's show at Wembley Arena on April 20.
"It was all tea and biscuits with the board - I told them I was taking my medication," Chisora joked of his meeting with the BBBofC.
"It is a big relief, it was mental, but now I'm a happy man. I have been training and it has been going all right, I've gone back to basics."
Warren has kept faith in Chisora, who lost to Robert Helenius before falling to defeats against Klitschko and Haye, and suspects the former British heavyweight champion is ready to show everyone what he is made of.
"We had a good meeting with the board, it was all friendly. Dereck has had no problems for well over a year," Warren said.
"He has done really well and in less than 20 fights he has had a world title fight, European, British, Commonwealth, and fought David Haye, a former world champion.
"Dereck has had some good fights over the last year or so, meaningful fights, all of them.
"He got robbed in Finland against Helenius, put a great fight up against Klitschko and then in the biggest fight in the UK last year, he was involved in one of the most entertaining heavyweight fights I've seen in recent years in the UK.
"He has got a lot of experience from those fights and they will hold him in good stead. I don't think Dereck ever disappoints in the ring, whenever we see him in the ring he gives his all and you can't ask for anything more from that.
"He has now got to come back and show people what he is made of, he hasn't had 20 professional fights yet but I believe him and have always believed in him and that is why I have stood by him.
"I honestly do think that if he gets himself going and learns from his previous fights he could be up there challenging for a world title."
A potential fight with reigning British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion David Price, following a return against an as-yet-unnamed opponent in April, could prove to be one of the biggest British bouts of the summer.
The fight interests Chisora, who had his own views on Price's surprise defeat to American Tony Thompson at the Echo Arena in Liverpool.
When asked if he wanted to face Price, Chisora said: "For the right money, yes.
"When I was turning pro Chris Eubank said stay away from southpaws so I guess David Price picked the wrong fight there.
"It's a heavyweight game, if you get hit you go on the floor and it depends how you come back up. I think David Price will come back a better man and a stronger fighter."
Warren also feels a fight with Price could leave the winner in line for a world title shot.
"It is a big fight for both of them," said Warren. "David Price got knocked over and sensationally beat so it is a bit of redemption for both.
"Whoever comes out of it as the winner is going to move very quickly towards fighting for a world title whilst the loser will be set back."