Bellew: 'I have got to get on with it'
Tony Bellew will not make any bold statements ahead of his rematch with Isaac Chilemba as he is only interested in securing victory.
- Related Content
Bellew vowed to produce an explosive display in last month's light-heavyweight clash, but their scrappy encounter failed to ignite, ending in an unsatisfactory draw at Liverpool's Echo Arena.
Both men will battle again on the undercard of Carl Froch's rematch with Mikkel Kessler On May 25, live on Sky Sports Box Office, with the winner expected to land a shot at the WBC title.
Bellew admits he failed to live up to his pre-fight hype and is refusing to make any more predictions as he will do whatever it takes to get past the Malawian.
"This has got to be done. I have got to get on with it and get the job done this time," Bellew told the Liverpool Echo.
"I have got to make the most of it. And I'm not going to profess that the fight is going to be great because I don't know if it will be.
"The first fight should've been but it didn't work out like that.
"You do everything to avoid being beaten and dodge for six rounds, as he did, but like in the second Ovill McKenzie fight, I will come back with something different.
"Eddie has given me the opportunity to put it right."
Bellew believes he could still have landed a world title fight without a rematch, but wants to make amends after he did not shine in the spotlight.
"My real interest is becoming world champion," he said.
"We could've sat on this number one ranking and become the mandatory challenger after the Dawson-Stevenson fight.
"I would have automatically been made mandatory challenger but I wanted to do something about it. I don't want to circle away from challenges.
"I will never predict I'm going to be in great fights ever again. People have been giving me stick because of what I said before the fight but I can take it with the best of them."