Ward would 'love' Froch fight
Andre Ward has told Carl Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn to "pick up the phone" and make him an offer if he wants a rematch against the American in 2013.
- Related Content
Unbeaten Ward - the reigning WBA and WBC super-middleweight champion - plans to defend his titles again in February or March of next year, most likely against Kelly Pavlik after their initial bout, which had been scheduled for January 26, had to be postponed.
The 28-year-old is one of only two men to have beaten Froch, unanimously out-pointing the man from Nottingham in the final of the Super Six tournament at the end of 2011.
Since then Froch has returned to action with back-to-back victories; he has said he plans to avenge the only blemishes on his professional record, starting with a second shot at Dane Mikkel Kessler, before hanging up his gloves.
"I would love it," Ward told Sky Sports about the possibility of facing Froch again.
"I think Kessler and Froch are made for each other. But I don't think either one of them wants to fight me. I think they should stop misleading the fans and be honest.
"Neither Hearn or Sauerland (Kessler's promoters) have made us an offer to fight here in the States, or anywhere else in the world."
Speaking to Sky's Adam Smith and Johnny Nelson before Amir Khan's victory over Carlos Molina in Los Angeles, Ward admitted he would have no problem coming to England to go toe-to-toe with Froch for a second time.
In a direct message to Hearn, he said: "Pick up the phone and make us an offer if you guys say you want this rematch. If you're that confident in Froch, pick up the phone.
"I don't have to do it (fight Froch again), so it would be a treat for the UK fans.
"Froch won't fight out of Nottingham and that 10,000-seat arena, unless he fights me. I guarantee if I come to the UK, we'll double that."